We would like to invite you to this international conference to revisit the significant transatlantic developments of the past quarter century. From this vantage point, Fulbright alumni and their guests will look ahead into the future, envisioning major trends and creative approaches for positive change.
The 2-day conference in Berlin will focus on topics such as:
- Politics—conflict and cooperation
- Economy—international interdependencies
- Culture—shifting perceptions and values
- Media—issues of access and acceleration
- Demography—population growth and migration
- Environment—energy & sustainability
- Education—a means to conflict resolution
- Technology—innovation as the final frontier
Anchored in their shared intercultural experience, several generations of grantees will commit their interdisciplinary expertise, enthusiasm and ideas and, in accordance with the words of Senator J. William Fulbright, will “dare to think unthinkable thoughts”.