November 26th from 1pm – 6pm
You are invited to participate in a half-day seminar with fellow Fulbrighters! Exchange inspiring work, reflect how your Fulbright experience shaped your currents steps, get new ideas and expand your network.
Speakers are invited to represent the variety of the Fulbright program and share their individual experience.
Register now as participant or contact us to share your experience and/or for further questions!
Barer Straße 19a
80333 München – just next to the tram station „Karolinenplatz“
(show on Google Maps)
You can find more information in the flyer.
The program is divided in three sessions:
The first session “Our Society and its future” will cover topics, which the Fulbright Alumni worked on in the USA or are currently working on in Germany . It will be interdisciplinary and gives the chance to discover new perspectives from other backgrounds on current issues our society is dealing with.
The second one, will give an inside of Fulbrighter's experience and gives speakers the room to share their individual story.
The last sessions will be a panel discussion. It will cover the speakers’ current career experiences and the questions: What came next – after their Fulbright experience?
The agenda in detail:
- Welcome remarks on behalf of FAeV, Ning Wang
Our Society and its future, Andrea Freiberger
- Micro financing in Asia, Lisa Spanting
- Current trends in life sciences and healthcare, Johannes Püllen
- Plant breeding and generic modification, Emilia Koch
- Concept of quantum computing, Stefan Ernst
- Value of freedom, Kateryna Mishina (Diversity scholar)
- Teaching and learning in Munich: Life as ETA, Benjamin Martin (English Teaching Assistant)
- U.S. presidential election: What does this mean to the Fulbrigth program?, Vanessa Wergin and Florian Grigoleit
Networking activity / Group Picture, Lena Prummer
Young professionals sharing their experience, Bernd Riedel
A panel discussion with
- Christoph Neyer, Biotech Startup (InGeneron Incorporated)
- Laura Lasswell, Consultant (Ernst & Young)
- Max Koch-Heintzeler, Investment Associate (Aurelius)
- Magdalena Holzmüller, HR Marketing (Airbus DS)
- Simon Wimmer, PhD Student (TUM)
Going out for dinner (unofficial)
You can learn more about last year's event here.